Two Daily Vitamin Formula
- Basic balanced multi-vitamin
- Easy dose to take
- Ideal for under 40s in good health
Many people believe that if you eat properly, vitamin and mineral supplementation is unnecessary. But there are compelling reasons why this is untrue.1 Many people have a need for one or more nutrients far in excess of RDA amounts, and for optimal health, these cannot not be ignored.
Even the usually conservative Journal of the American Medical Association has come out and said "Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone." (JAMA, June 2002)2
TRANSCEND advocates for aggressive supplementation to achieve and maintain your best health. Ray and Terry created the Total Care Daily Formula to provide optimal amounts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for increased benefits. However, some people are not able to take the full dosage of six tablets each day or don't need so much supplementation.
Other Ingredients:Calcium carbonate, vegetable stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, croscarmellose sodium, and silicon dioxide.
ALLERGEN WARNING:CONTAINS SOY & SHELLFISH.
CAUTION:Do not exceed recommended dose. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, or persons with a known medical condition. If you have questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult your physician prior to use. This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, sh and crustacean shellsh.
Kelp is now listed as a seafood/shellfish derivative simply due to the fact that kelp is harvested and could contain shellfish when processing. The product does not contain shellfish ingredients, but we cannot guarantee that there may not be traces of crustaceans.
Suggested Use:As a dietary supplement, take two (2) tablets daily or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Lab Test Advisory:Biotin may interfere with lab tests. The FDA recommends stopping any supplements with biotin (vitamin B7) for 3 days prior to lab tests.
NOTICE:Most people should not experience “Niacin skin flush” when using this product. However a few sensitive individuals may experience some flushing. Do not take on an empty stomach.
Contains No Animal Products, Yeast, Sugar, Starch, Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives.
TRANSCEND's Two-a-Day Multiple contains 120 tablets per bottle.
We created the Two a Day Multiple to accommodate individuals who are not interested in aggressively supplementing and would prefer a lower number of pills. This formula contains as much of the optimal amounts as can be packed into two tablets.
You might consider the Two a Day Multiple if you:
- Have trouble taking pills
- Seek a basic multi vitamin instead of aggressive supplementation
- Are under 40 and are in good health
In comparison with the leading two-tablet multivitamins, our formula contains healthy levels of the basic vitamins and minerals you need plus biotin, chromium and selenium.
Some of the ingredients in our Two a Day Multiple are:
Vitamin A supports healthy skin, hair and bones. It is needed to maintain visual acuity and is utilized in cellular division and differentiation.3 We use the beta carotene form--an antioxidant that helps support healthy immune function--to avoid the dangers of high doses of the vitamin.
The body uses B vitamins to make red blood cells and support nerve health and immune function. Folic acid, also known as folate, is necessary to synthesize DNA and for cell division. In general, the family of B vitamins plays an important role in synthesizing and releasing energy in the cells, and balanced supplementation is recommended on a daily basis because the vitamins are water-soluble and cannot be stored.4
Necessary for normal growth and development, vitamin C is also water-soluble and must be consumed daily. The body uses vitamin C to help cuts heal and keep tissues and gums in good condition.
Vitamin D is necessary to help calcium work to build strong bones and teeth.5,6 It has been studied for a wide range of additional health benefits, and research indicates the current RDA for vitamin D is too low. Ray & Terry suggest 600-2,000 IUs of Vitamin D per day for almost everyone as part of their universal supplement recommendations.
Everyone needs Vitamin E to help protect the lungs from air pollution, maintain body tissues and to form red blood cells. There are concerns with high doses of Vitamin E that are comprised solely of d-alpha tocopherol. We utilize mixed tocopherols to provide a safe and healthful balance of the vitamin's subfractions.
Biotin is used by the body in the production of fatty acids and is essential for cell development and respiration, helping to move carbon dioxide and other waste out of the cells. It is needed to metabolize fats and amino acids. It is common for type 2 diabetics to have low blood levels of biotin, which may have a role in the production and release of insulin. Biotin may be used in the diet to help support blood sugar levels within a normal range.7,8,9
The nutrient selenium is used to form special antioxidant proteins that help protect cells from free radical damage. Selenium also helps support thyroid function and a healthy immune system.10,11 Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may produce anticarcinogenic effects in the body. However, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.12,13
- N Engl J Med. 2001. Dec 20;345 (25):1819-1824. W. C. Willett and M. J. Stampfer.
- JAMA. Jun 19;287(23): 312-3129. R. H. Fletcher and K. M. Fairfield. 2002.
- "Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin A and Carotenoids." NIH Office of Dietary Supplements. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamina.asp
- Ann NY Acad Sci 1990;585: pp.513-5
- American Medical Women's Association. "Vitamin D and Your Bone Health." http://www.amwa-doc.org/index.cfm?
- Mayo Clinic Patient Monograph. "Vitamin D." http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitamin-d/NS_patient-vitamind
- Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008 May;72(5):1290-8. "Effect of biotin treatment on hepatic gene expression in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats." Sugita Y, Shirakawa H, Sugimoto R, Furukawa Y, Komai M. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- Combs, Gerald F. Jr. (2008). The Vitamins: Fundamental Aspects in Nutrition and Health. San Diego: Elsevier, Inc.
- Campbell, R. Keith (Nov 2006). " A Critical Review of Chromium Picolinate and Biotin". U.S. Pharmacist 31 (11).
- McKenzie RC, Rafferty TS, Beckett GJ. Selenium: an essential element for immune function. Immunol Today 1998;19:342-5.
- Arthur JR. The role of selenium in thyroid hormone metabolism. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 1991;69:1648-52.
- A. J. Duffield-Lillico et al. 2002. "Baseline characteristics and the effect of selenium supplementation on cancer incidence in a randomized clinical trial: a summary report of the Nutritional Prevention of Cancer Trial." Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jul;11(7): 630-639.
- 2001. Selenium and vitamin E cancer prevention trial (SELECT): Questions and answers. National Cancer Institute. Oct. 29. Available at http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/4_20.htm.