- Improve mood
- Alleviate anxiety
- Maintain healthy sleeping patterns
GABA ( γ-Aminobutyric acid) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the nervous system of humans and other mammals. It is needed to regulate neuron activity and is involved in many tissues and organs outside the brain as well as the regulation of muscle tone.1
During fetal development, GABA acts as a nerve growth factor and has an important role in sending signals that keep brain cells alive.2 It also regulates the growth and production of neural progenitor cells, which are similar to adult stem cells in that they can differentiate to become a specific type of cell.3
Synapses are connections between neurons that allow information to pass back and forth. GABA is integrally involved in the formation of synapses and is needed for neurons to properly exchange information.4
Other Ingredients:Cellulose (capsule), Rice Flour, Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is a non-essential amino acid found mainly in the human brain and eyes. It is considered an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means it regulates brain and nerve cell activity by inhibiting the number of neurons firing in the brain. GABA is referred to as the "brain's natural calming agent". By inhibiting over-stimulation of the brain, GABA may help promote relaxation and ease nervous tension.
Suggested Use:Take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times daily as needed, preferably with juice or water on an empty stomach.
CAUTION:Do not exceed recommended dose. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, or persons with a known medical condition. If you have questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult your physician prior to use. This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
Contains No:Animal Products, Yeast, Sugar, Starch, Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives.
Ray & Terry's GABA 500 mg contains 100 veggie capsules per bottle.
- Watanabe M, Maemura K, Kanbara K, Tamayama T, Hayasaki H."GABA and GABA receptors in the central nervous system and other organs." Int Rev Cytol. 2002;213:1-47.
- Ganguly K, Schinder AF, Wong ST, Poo M. "GABA itself promotes the developmental switch of neuronal GABAergic responses from excitation to inhibition." Cell. 2001 May 18;105(4):521-32.
- Haydar TF, Wang F, Schwartz ML, Rakic P. "Differential modulation of proliferation in the neocortical ventricular and subventricular zones." J Neurosci. 2000 Aug 1;20(15):5764-74.
- Ben-Ari Y. "Excitatory actions of gaba during development: the nature of the nurture." Nat Rev Neurosci. 2002 Sep;3(9):728-39.
- Foster AC, Kemp JA. "Glutamate- and GABA-based CNS therapeutics." Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2006 Feb;6(1):7-17. Epub 2005 Dec 22.
- Chung BY, Kilman VL, Keath JR, Pitman JL, Allada R. "The GABA(A) Receptor RDL Acts in Peptidergic PDF Neurons to Promote Sleep in Drosophila." Curr Biol. 2009 Feb 18.
- Matsuki T, Nomiyama M, Takahira H, Hirashima N, Kunita S, Takahashi S, Yagami KI, Kilduff TS, Bettler B, Yanagisawa M, Sakurai T. "Selective loss of GABAB receptors in orexin-producing neurons results in disrupted sleep/wakefulness architecture." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Feb 25.