- Maintain cholesterol within a normal range
- Use in conjunction with healthy diet
- Natural ingredients working together
Cholesterol still plays a major role in the new inflammation-based understanding of heart disease. The inflammation process starts with excess LDL ("bad cholesterol") particles burrowing into walls of the coronary arteries lining and become oxidized. A critical approach to reducing cardiovascular risk is to keep LDL cholesterol at an optimal level.
According to the Ray & Terry Longevity Program, the optimal range for total cholesterol is 160 to 180. Ideally, LDL Cholesterol should be less than 100, unless you have multiple risk factors for heart disease, in which case it should be less than 80. HDL-Cholesterol ("good cholesterol") should be 60 or higher.
Other Ingredients:Rice flour, vegetable cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
CAUTION:Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
WARNING:This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
Suggested Use:As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare professional. Daily amount can be divided and taken throughout the day.
Ray & Terry's Cholesterol Support contains 120 veggie capsules per bottle.
- N Engl J Med November 29, 2001;345: pp.1593-1601 B. Greg Brown et al.
- Am Heart J. 143(2):356-365, February 2002. Gouni-Berthold, Ioanna et al.
- Cardiovascular Drugs & Therapy. 8(4):659-64, August 1994. Singh, Ram B, et al.
- The American Journal of Cardiology Volume 97, Issue 3, 1 February 2006, pp. 376-379. Goldberg, A.C. et al.
- J Nutr. Mar;131(3s): 1010S-5S C. Borek. 2001.