Astaxanthin 4mg, 60vgel
Healthy Eyes, Brain and Nervous System
- Potent carotenoid antioxidant
- Promotes healthy anti-inflammatory response
- Formulated with Zanthin® for eye health
- Supports cognitive function
- Vegetarian formula
Astaxanthin is a unique natural antioxidant that has been proven to cross the blood-brain and blood-retina barrier.1 Astaxanthin may have as much as 500 times the antioxidant power of vitamin E.
Our vegetarian formula uses Zanthin® which is patented for its ability to protect retinal health and promote overall eye health. Numerous studies have shown the power of this carotenoid to maintain ocular function.2
Certain compounds have been found in higher concentrations in individuals with cognitive failings. Amyloid-β (Aβ), one such compound, is a web-like material that appears to build up in the brain more quickly in individuals with cognitive impairment. Accumulation of phospholipid hydroperoxides (PLOOH) has also been associated with dementia. These compounds form plaques that disrupt cell membranes and signalling pathways, interfering with normal brain function.3,4,5 The presence of these compounds does not always directly correlate to the development of cognitive disease, but the association is being studied for further understanding.
Carotenoids such as astaxanthin may help minimize the accumulation of the compounds that contribute to brain plaque.6 Astaxanthin has been linked to healthy memory and cognitive function due to its neuron-protective qualities.7,8
Research shows astaxanthin helps maintain normal anti-inflammatory response in the body.9 It helps protect healthy DNA and has been studied recently for its ability to reduce oxidative stress, which has been found to contribute to aging.10,11 In one study, astaxanthin was shown to lower c-reactive protein (CRP) levels and DNA damage biomarkers.12 It supports immune function and cellular health.13,14
Other Ingredients:Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vegetarian Softgel Capsule (glycerin, modified corn starch, carrageenan, sorbitol, water), and Antioxidant Blend (mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract). Contains soy derivative.
Suggested Dosage:As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel daily with a fat-containing meal.
Ray & Terry’s Astaxanthin contains 60 vegetarian softgels per bottle. Each softgel provides 4 mg of astaxanthin.
CAUTION:Do not exceed recommended dose. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, or persons with a known medical condition. If you have questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult your physician prior to use. This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, sh and crustacean shellsh.
ALLERGEN WARNING:CONTAINS SOY DERIVATIVE
- Murata K et al. Phytother Res. 2011 Dec 14.
- Cort A, et al. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010 Oct;58(1):121-30. Epub 2010 May 8.
- Xing SL, et al. Int J Neurosci. 2011 Dec 20.
- Vlassenko AG, et al. Ann Neurol. 2011 Nov;70(5):857-61.
- Maki RA, et al. J Biol Chem. 2009 Jan 30;284(5):3158-69.
- Nakagawa K. Br J Nutr. 2011 Jan 31:1-9.
- Nakagawa K., et al. Br J Nutr. 2011 Jun;105(11):1563-71. Epub 2011 Jan 31.
- Chang CH. J Med Food. 2010 Jun;13(3):548-56. PMID: 20521980
- Arunkumar E., et al. Food Funct. 2011 Nov 17.
- Zhao W., et al. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2011 Sep;40(5):551-4. Chinese.
- Kim, J.H., et al. Phytotherapy Research. 2011.
- Park JS. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010 Mar 5;7:18. PMID: 20205737
- Yasui Y., et al. Chem Biol Interact. 2011 Aug 15;193(1):79-87.
- Nagendraprabhu P, Sudhandiran G. Invest New Drugs. 2011 Apr;29(2):207-24. Epub 2009 Oct 30.