Salmon is chock-full of healthy omega-3 fats and protein. The almonds in this dish add texture and even more healthy fats.
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 skinless wild salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard and lemon juice. On a small plate, combine the nuts, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and parsley.
Season the salmon to taste with pepper and place in the mustard mixture. Turn to coat. Transfer fillets to the plate and press one side into the nut mixture.
Arrange fillets nut side up in the baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 273
Fat: 16 g (50% calories from fat)
Protein: 26 g (38% calories from protein)
Carbohydrates (net): 6 g (12% calories from carbohydrates)